4WS.Platform is a modular platform for applications development composed of a set of sub-systems, each of them focused on a specific topic: authentication and authorization, menu’, app designer, web interpreter, etc.
Community Level Modules
Since each organization has its own identity management, 4WS.Platform has been released with a specific open source implementation, that can be replaced with another one. That can be done easily, due to the pluggable nature of the platform: the default identity management implementation provided with 4WS.Platform is a plugin that can be replaced with another one, created ad hoc for a specific company. The default implementation includes an authentication process based on a predefined database table. Authorizations and menu definition are managed by predefined database tables as well, that can be replaced by other implementations, if needed.
Community Edition Layers
Main features include:
- editable grids, with support for inline sorting and filters, pagination, summary row;
- data import and export from/to grids, using xls and csv formats;
- pivot grids, particularly helpful with applications which have to manage product variants, as for application in the fashion market;
- filter panels;
- detail forms, with support for folders and subpanes;
- google charting, including bar charts, pies, gouges, histograms and many others;
- code selectors, composed of comboboxes, code lookups with separated paginated grid, code lookups with separated tree;
- google maps;
- window design based on the combination of panes of different types and container layouts to create complex contents, including folders and subpanes;
- menu definition: it can be graphically defined, in terms of folders/menu items, as well as the menu type: tree, menubar, tabbar, start button or a combination of these ones;
- translation management, in terms of GUI and data: any part of the GUI can be translated (menu, window titles, buttons text, labels, grid headers, etc.) as well as the data retrieved from the database; any number of languages is supported;
- authentication and authorization support, based on database tables, with the chance to create a pluggable custom module to manage these tasks according toad hoc policies;
What just described is for free and is part of the Community Edition of 4WS.Platform.
Enterprise Level Modules
In addition to open source layer, there is also an Enterprise Edition of 4WS.Platform, composed of the same modules provided by the open source layer plus a series of enterprise level modules, that can be bought separately.
The Enterprise Edition version is available on the Cloud, as a SaaS provided through the Google cloud services.
Enterprise Edition Layers
- Lotus Notes Migration Tool
This tool helps organizations having developed Lotus Notes applications over time to migrate data structures, data, files and applications to a modern architecture, as the one provided by Platform.
- BPM integration
in order to create complex processes; it includes a Web Process Designer, embedded with the Platform App Designer, a BPM Engine and an Administration and Monitoring Web Console; BPM features are fully integrated with the rest of the Platform, so that a process or a specific manual activity can be activated as any other event managed by the application, such as the saving of a form or row grid or when clicking a button
- Docx template reporting a module that simplifies the creation of reports starting from a template created using Microsoft Word or Open Office; basic skills are required when creating the template, thanks to the user of widespread tools. Once deployed the template into Platform and mapped values to fill in, the report can be attached to any part of Platform, such as a menu item or a grid or form.
- Google Collaboration which is composed of a series of plugins able to connect to GMail, Calendar and Drive, starting from a Google Domain.
- Mobile interpreter
written as native apps, both for Android and iOS platforms: it allows to create mobile apps optimized for tables and smartphone, which can run both online and offline.
- Document Management which consists of a layer able to communicate with Alfresco ECM; in this way, it is possible to enhance Platform capabilities by including document management features such as documents search, setting metadata, upload/download/preview, lock/unlock and document versioning/tagging/rating. Moreover, a new embedded CMS module has been added, completely integrated with the rest of the Platform
in order to automatically run business components or shell commands
- Authentication module
based either on authentication on an LDAP server or through the Google SSO Authentication or by invoking a SSO external server; users/roles automatic synchronization is supported as well
- No SQL Plugin for Google Datastore Google Datastore is the Google NO SQL solution on the cloud. Platform can connect to Datastore and manage entities and queries to create highly scalable web applications.
- No SQL Plugin for Mongo DB Mongo DB is one of the most popular and powerful NO SQL databases available at the moment. Platform can connect to Mongo DB and manage collections and queries to create highly scalable web applications.
- Custom fields module which allows to include additional database fields and consequently additional columns and controls in the same application, with management and visibility defined at tenant level
- Data audit – automatic recording of user writing operations, in order to trace over time data changes at user level
- Life cycle management & Jira integration – Manage projects, releases, epics, sprints and user stories thanks to Jira Software and Platform, which are strongly integrated in order to provide a great solution to manage the life cycle management within Platform as well as using Jira.
- Machine Learning – This A.I. tool is based on Google Tensor Flow module, through which it is possible to define predictive models, train/test and use them to make predictions. This module can be particularly helpful in those scenarios where there is a large amount of data available but it is hard to figure out behaviors hidden on that data: a prediction model can identify a model behind data and use it to classify data e make decisions based on such classification.
- High scalability using Platform for GAE – an ad-hoc version of Platform for Google AppEngine, an high scalable web engine able to manage web services with very high volume of requests
If you are interested in more information about these features, you can contact the vendor of 4WS.Platform through the link Sinesy.
Do you want to try 4WS.Platform?
Try it for free for 6 months!